Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Mark in Time

Today I turned 60 ... I woke up last Sunday thinking about today and what it feels like to be turning 60 – I was surprised to find that it really doesn’t feel like anything other than what it is … a mark in time.

Then I started thinking about the people who have been part of my life and I started remembering little things, places, times about each of them. This led to my thinking of words or phrases that captured indivudal moments in time with each of them.

Tonight to mark this point-in-time, several of friends gathered to celebrate my life and our friendships over many drinks, insane stories and of course, great food.

I took the opportunity to celebrate my love and appreciation for each of them by sharing my thoughts from last Sunday's musings.

C. Pleated skirts - Honey, which one do you like? - You know one leg is longer than the other ... measure each one! - T-Y - Could you just rub some on my back? - Are you finished with that section of the Times? - Just a minute, I know the receipt is here someplace. - Just make them fresh and hot! - Can I have a complimentary cup of water? - Just one wing please. - Don't ask me - I don't want to talk about it - SFS - I love these seats - Did I fall asleep - It's been a long week - Do you like my shoes? - The next zone is just across the street - I love crispy potatoes.

S. Every Saturday for lunch for 20 years - Wake me for the next meal - Clickity Clak, Clickity Clak Gai Shoe GIRLS!!! - Herblax - Shak, Shak, Shak - Who is that girl in the window? - It's your mother! - Your name is Ray? - We'll take both, thanks. - Can you find a place for this? - I'll buy a ticket! - Do you have any duet piano music? - Chattanooga Choo Choo!! - Dont' step beyond the velvet rope! - It's a model apartment! - Look honey, we've had everyone on this rooftop! - Who you gonna call, You know BoBo, event planning in 5 hours! - Honey, can you turn off that light? - Honey, can you pass me that dutch oven? - What is this stuff on this couch? - That's disgusting! - Good day Sailor! - Scarlett and not the color red!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home