Saturday, January 01, 2005

Bonne Anne 2005

I was ridiculed this morning for not following the crowd from MiMi's nearly burned out apartment to the next celebratory location - Magda's brother great loft. The group was now on the move like a progressive dinner party or a large party machine that was taking on a life of its own by the minute fueled by way too much champagne. I guess MiMi's was just the appetizer and entree courses .... Magda's brother's apartment would be the the desert, cheese and coffee.

I kept being asked, "What is the problem? The driver and car were waiting at the bottom of the stairs. All you have to do was walk down a few flight of stairs and sit down". Actually, the very act of walking at that point-in-the-evening was a little disconcerting let alone driving across town to start celebrating all over again with a new crowd. How much can one celebrate the beginning of the new year in one night? This question I posed to several of my friends but the question was only met with stares of disbelief that words were coming out of my mouth. So being the independent person that I am, I made my cheek bussing rounds of and headed off "alone" for some quiet solitude, reflection and at that point-in-time well deserved sleep.

I am sure the ridicule will continue throughout the rest of the stay. I love the attention I get from all my friends. Bonne Anne 2005 dear friends!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home